What do you think is the worst switch currently on the market?

My experience is far more limited than yours, only a few different Cherry switches, briefly using your Topre and a few vintage ones but of what I've used, Cherry MX Speed Silver, bought it because "gaming" and absolutely hate it. Should have done my research first and realised it had no tactile feedback but more importantly they squeak in a nails on a chalkboard kinda way, not just the spacebar but all the regular keys squeak and rattle on my K65.

The Cherry MX Blues in the Das btw were not bad switches it was just a bad keyboard firmware and quality control wise, the silvers are plain not good.

My experience is far more limited than yours, only a few different Cherry switches, briefly using your Topre and a few vintage ones but of what I've used, Cherry MX Speed Silver, bought it because "gaming" and absolutely hate it. Should have done my research first and realised it had no tactile feedback but more importantly they squeak in a nails on a chalkboard kinda way, not just the spacebar but all the regular keys squeak and rattle on my K65.

The Cherry MX Blues in the Das btw were not bad switches it was just a bad keyboard firmware and quality control wise, the silvers are plain not good.
Shhhh. I'm trying to sell a box full of them :gobbogasm:

Hmm... If we are not talking about keyfeel then i would say every BOX switches.
Not feeling great is one thing. Actively destroying keycaps is a whole other thing. :D
Yeah, it's pretty bad. I'm just measuring mine now out of curiosity. Not looking good so far! I'll post in that Box switch thread soon.

Oi Mate Fight me IRL about that!
I have Gateron Browns on my Tada69 and love the small but notable tactile feel of typing on those switches.
Eh, to each their own, really. I can't feel the bump unless I type very slowly and pay attention to the bump. Not my thing. I prefer Zealios 67g or Outemus or old Kailh browns.

For me its Hako and Halo. I have them on my K-Type and WhiteFox and cannot get myself to enjoy them. I wanted to but alas, they are just not for me.
I wouldn't say those are the WORST switches, but I don't have the slightest clue what the point of Hako Trues is. They are super-heavy linear tactiles which is not even remotely what the description claims they are. I have a Night Fox with them I am deciding if I want to sell or desolder.

I wouldn't say those are the WORST switches, but I don't have the slightest clue what the point of Hako Trues is. They are super-heavy linear tactiles which is not even remotely what the description claims they are. I have a Night Fox with them I am deciding if I want to sell or desolder.
Yeah I ended up gifting my K-Type to a friend who had never used a mechanical keyboard and they are quite happy (since they don't know anything else). But with my whitefox I'm also trying to figure out if i want to sell or desolder. I think I'll end up desoldering just because I love the design and build quality so much.

For me its Hako and Halo. I have them on my K-Type and WhiteFox and cannot get myself to enjoy them. I wanted to but alas, they are just not for me.
Dont kill me, i bought a 120 pack from mykeyboards.eu without reading anything about them just because i liked the color. The moment i put them in a tester it felt like the weirdest switch ever. Stopped caring about them for a month.

Then made a board for someone that wanted hako's on them, tried it myself and kinda fell for them. You almost have to make a click in your head and start typing in a different way, without botteming out just hitting the right point.. still an awkward switch r8 it 6/10

Dont kill me, i bought a 120 pack from mykeyboards.eu without reading anything about them just because i liked the color. The moment i put them in a tester it felt like the weirdest switch ever. Stopped caring about them for a month.

Then made a board for someone that wanted hako's on them, tried it myself and kinda fell for them. You almost have to make a click in your head and start typing in a different way, without botteming out just hitting the right point.. still an awkward switch r8 it 6/10
Ok after reading your post, I walked over to my coworker (who I gifted my K-Type to) and tried the switches again. I gave the board to them about 2 months ago (so that was the last time I typed on the switches).

I made the click in my head and was able to type for a minute and didn't mind them at all and caught myself saying, "wait these aren't as bad as I remember". But yeah still awkward and I couldn't do them on my daily driver.

Ok after reading your post, I walked over to my coworker (who I gifted my K-Type to) and tried the switches again. I gave the board to them about 2 months ago (so that was the last time I typed on the switches).

I made the click in my head and was able to type for a minute and didn't mind them at all and caught myself saying, "wait these aren't as bad as I remember". But yeah still awkward and I couldn't do them on my daily driver.
You know you really want to give a switch the benefit of the doubt when you are telling people they are ok if you are willing to use your imagination, ha.

I went throught the oposite with Kailh Box Jades.. I loved them so damn much, the crisp click.. After typing on them for about a month i got so annoyed by the extreme tactile click with every button.. Then again, i change my pc wallpaper like 3 times a day too.

You know you really want to give a switch the benefit of the doubt when you are telling people they are ok if you are willing to use your imagination, ha.
Yeah well I had to use my imagination when another coworker came up to me wanting to share the amazing news that they just spent $100 on a Razer Blackwidow X, and were now like me with a cool keyboard. Instead of cringing on the outside, I simply used my imagination and said, "oh good for you, I hear that is a great keyboard."