Vendor Treasure Macropad TYPE-9 : Aluminum minimal 9 keys macropad

WZTZiLa.png

Hello Typehype !

Treasure Type-9 is an aluminum macropad with 9 programmable keys. Designed with the user in mind, this macropad is easy to build and program).
I am a French industrial designer and this is the first of my new Hardware startup (Treasure). My goal is to make easy to use stripped down industrial design products.
Inspired by Scandinavian and Japanese aesthetics, design is bold and minimalist. The blend between rounded lines and sharp edges makes it stands out on your desk.​

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can get a macropad for $69 on macropad.co (With the "TYPEHYPE" coupon)
All parts has been received and ready to be shipped from France.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xZE2NPW.png KId2AbQ.png
b1BGNkc.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

Detail:​
Unibody CNC case Type 6061 « Aircraft Grade » aluminum​
Satin sandblasted finish + Anodized color​
Pre-Assembled PCB with ATMEGA32U4, nothing to solder - Possible to make Hot Swappable​
PCB mount for Cherry MX keys / USB Type B connection – No Plate​
For use with the QMK Firmware builder​

What’s in the box ?:​
1x Macropad Type-9 Unibody Aluminum 6061 case​
1x Macropad Type-9 fully Assembled PCB with LED support​
4x M2 screws + 1x Allen Key​
2x Preset collector cards​
4x Silicone Feets​

You will have to supply your own switches.

GHenHDs.jpg 2WsRvIL.jpg uIiz6Qs.jpg EEO9lBo.jpg

PROTOTYPES

I made several prototypes before finding the right ratio and size. Macropad Type-9 started as an Arduino ProMicro project.
The square shape allows the smallest footprint with 9 buttons.

7QeSqmB.png 5dTZXpH.png

CARDS

The macropad is supplied with 2 preset collector cards. You can write your favorite preset on the blank side of the card.
iwoucRj.png

PRICING

Dark Grey : $69 (With the "TYPEHYPE" coupon)
Rosso (Red) : $69 (With the "TYPEHYPE" coupon)​

SHIPPING

Shipping will be send from France
International tracking for all orders ( USPS Tracking in the US)

FRANCE : $10
EUROPE : $15 (International Small Package) - $18 (International Heavy)
USA/CANADA: $15 (International Small Package ~ 5 days ) - $28 (International Heavy)​

You can get a Type-9 now on macropad.co ( Don't forget the "TYPEHYPE" coupon)

Thanks
https://www.instagram.com/treasuretreasure.co/

Edited:
1533167500501.png
Is that a Rama M6? Sure looks very similar.

Even your promo stuff seems very heavily inspired by his work:
rama1.jpg
Seems you're walking a very fine line between something derivative vs straight up copying someone's products and marketing/branding.

Hello TC, nice to meet you.
I respect your opinion, no problem with that. But the 2 products can't be more different.

I completely disagree when you said that i copy or derivate from an existing product.
The picture in blue is from a prototype from more than a year ago. Like every industrial designer I make prototypes to explore forms and shapes. This "Ipod Mini" shape was not selected, nor the "slim edged" one. The final product is a unique mix of C2-continuous edges and sharp lines.

Orthogonal projection has been used in Apple product promo for ages, grey backdrop is very common in rendering/product design and presentation.
So perhaps we share a common influence of minimalist brands like Apple, Braun, Olivetti , or Teenage Engineering, but I 100% disagree with what you said.

Regards

9NOBDaE.jpg NMJXYYg.jpg
s44h1k5.jpg 8yKbzsd.png

Of course, but it's about context as well. If you present this among a group of keyboard enthusiasts, who do you think it will remind them of?
Very similar product type and function (which is fine), but then you're marketing it in a similar fashion to the same group of customers, even with similar material variations. Lighting is similar. When viewed as a whole, that adds up to a lot of similarities in my books.

1533175191325.png
1533176089407.png

Is it a ripoff? I don't think so, but creatively speaking it's not a very original approach. You're quite clearly trying to emulate his style and perhaps capitalize on his brand recognition and market. I wouldn't buy anything from you personally.

Of course, but it's about context as well. If you present this among a group of keyboard enthusiasts, who do you think it will remind them of?
Very similar product type and function (which is fine), but then you're marketing it in a similar fashion to the same group of customers, even with similar material variations. Lighting is similar. When viewed as a whole, that adds up to a lot of similarities in my books.

Is it a ripoff? I don't think so, but creatively speaking it's not a very original approach. You're quite clearly trying to emulate his style and perhaps capitalize on his brand recognition and market. I wouldn't buy anything from you personally.
Well, as i said i am not "clearly trying" to emulate his style. I am a huge fan of Designers Republic & Teenage Engineering products/branding and my inspiration comes part from here. I use Japanese writings in my designs since 2010 ...

As for brand recognition and market, the red color was even chosen early instead of grey to avoid any misunderstanding with existing products.
The shape is entirely dissimilar and unique.
I developed this product alone for more than a year, and the last thing i want is to be confused with another product.

Clean orthogonal perspective, grey backdrop rendering or Japanese writing has been done in marketing/packaging for many years, and therefore are not tied to any company or designer.

sLGZLTr.jpg ZC2mQxK.jpg
NYaAgVo.jpg

And the render was done using Keyshot software with the default lighting setup and environement. like this one, from Teenage Engineering accessories:
Orthogonal / Grey Backdrop
74KMSAn.jpg

Regards,

Well, as i said i am not "clearly trying" to emulate his style. I am a huge fan of Designers Republic & Teenage Engineering products/branding and my inspiration comes part from here. I use Japanese writings in my designs since 2010 ...

As for brand recognition and market, the red color was even chosen early instead of grey to avoid any misunderstanding with existing products.
The shape is entirely dissimilar and unique.
I developed this product alone for more than a year, and the last thing i want is to be confused with another product.

Clean orthogonal perspective, grey backdrop rendering or Japanese writing has been done in marketing/packaging for many years, and therefore are not tied to any company or designer.

sLGZLTr.jpg ZC2mQxK.jpg
NYaAgVo.jpg

And the render was done using Keyshot software with the default lighting setup and environement. like this one, from Teenage Engineering accessories:
Orthogonal / Grey Backdrop
74KMSAn.jpg

Regards,
I wouldn't stress about it man! Inspiration doesn't invalidate design at all. Rams, Ive, Sagmeister, Heatherwick, etc all had their own inspirations. Not to mention, having more options in the community is better all round. Thank you for your product, I appreciate the effort you put into it!

I wouldn't stress about it man! Inspiration doesn't invalidate design at all. Rams, Ive, Sagmeister, Heatherwick, etc all had their own inspirations. Not to mention, having more options in the community is better all round. Thank you for your product, I appreciate the effort you put into it!
I second that. My wife and I spent the last two months trying to find a macropad kit that fit our needs functionally and also would be something we’d want to look at every day. Yours was perfect in every way and I love your design inspiration. I love the RAMA stuff too and I like that I can have variety on my desk.

Mine just arrived a few minutes ago! I'm quite happy with the initial inspection, and look forward to getting it built up.

I fully support your design and the intentional effort/prototyping/creativity that went into it. Keep doin' your thing!

Nice man. You have your colors well coordinated there. What is the flat board behind it?
Thats the Anidees Prismatic with the low profile white choc switches. I typically travel with a Vortex Core but have been traveling wit this the last couple weeks becuse I had been curious about low profile switches.