Switch Wars ⚔️ Name your Weapon

Normally, I'm a clicky guy so BOX Navy are my switch of choice. Lately, tactiles have started to grow on me.

Going to mod some cherrios for my next build. I'm also keen on doing a modded box royal build for something that isn't the Anne Pro.

I like tactiles with a sharper bump vs. rounded bump. As for going in battle, not sure if switches will do anything unless it's a type off, featuring type test.
I've come to realise I prefer mid weight, around 55-62g than heavier now.

I haven’t found my perfect linear yet but I’m loving the vintage blacks I got recently with 72+gm springs

As for tactile my holy grail atm is thick lubed BOX burnt oranges. I love the high subtle bump and actuation as well as the short travel.

some cherry clicky housings have absurdly tactile leaves. It varies based on batch. Apparently cherry's QC on their leaves is as good as their QC of springs lmao. Makes them more tactile than Holy pandas by a good margin. If you get misfortunate lucky enough to get the super tactile leaves, they wont return on some springs, such as 62g, as seen here
. Can put any tactile stem in the housing as long as it fits. I prefer mx clear stems.

Attachments

some cherry clicky housings have absurdly tactile leaves. It varies based on batch. Apparently cherry's QC on their leaves is as good as their QC of springs lmao. Makes them more tactile than Holy pandas by a good margin. If you get misfortunate lucky enough to get the super tactile leaves, they wont return on some springs, such as 62g, as seen here
. Can put any tactile stem in the housing as long as it fits. I prefer mx clear stems.

That switch sticking down is brutal.

I would say mine could use some lube. I have never lubed switches before. Can I do it after they are installed?
Unless your plate allows switch top removal which is unlikely then unfortunately not. You could always de solder the whole board but that would be a LOT of effort for a touch more smoothness and slightly less sound

Unless your plate allows switch top removal which is unlikely then unfortunately not. You could always de solder the whole board but that would be a LOT of effort for a touch more smoothness and slightly less sound
Definitely not worth the effort, thanks for the heads up.

If I had to choose only one switch I would personally go with ALPS SKCM orange switches. ALPS SKCL/SKCM series switches (especially the tactile variants) are proving to give the most enjoyable typing feel for me & the oranges particularly stand out to me. I've even had the pleasure of getting to extensively try SKCM browns & briefly try SKCM neon greens which are both widely regarded as the best ALPS SKCM tactile switches & TBH the oranges just feel better to me. The browns are a very close second, but the dummy switch plate they have for tactility gives a more rounded & muted tactile event IME. Great for some, but I prefer a slightly sharper tactile event which the oranges with their actual tactile leaf a slightly lighter spring provides. The neon greens are a very interesting switch I'd love to get a batch of, but have a very different feel from any other ALPS SKCM tactile switch. After trying some boards with them at Keycon I still believe I'd prefer oranges to them.

Now don't get me wrong I still love all kinds of different switches from certain MX variants, to Topre (especially with BKE redux domes), to buckling springs, to Space Invaders, to hall effect, etc. With a lot of them making my favorites list, but ALPS SKCM switches are the ones I would have to say have the best feel across their whole lineup & stand out the most to me. More importantly they have the best implementation of tactile feedback in a switch IMO & since tactiles are my favorite switches I have to give the SKCM orange switch my "can't live without" endorsement! (y) :cool:

Huh, kinda unexpected but thanks for the heads up! Gonna have to give this a try as I am in search of cheaper & easier to get housings than Pandas to make some Holy Panda like switches. I got a few Halo true & a bunch of older (pre re-tooled) Cherry blue housings on hand so I gotta see if my batch of blue housings have the stiffer leaves. Although I am already pretty far down the rabbit hole on making some type of switch that takes advantage of the unique feel Halo stems have in housings with stiffer springs has. I got 220 Halos (110 of both types) on the way from the latest drop of them, then just ordered 130 Outemu Skys from the DeskCandy GB since I heard people have had good results with their housings & Halo stems. Won't have all that stuff till around mid sept, but will report back with what I find from swapping their parts! (y)