Postal arrivals thread

My background is nuclear medicine / radiation oncology. If I'm not in a hospital or lab, I am out giving clinical presentations on new types of treatments and technologies. As a result, I spend a lot of time in PowerPoint and am using the macropad for all of my PPT creation shortcut macros.

pet.jpg
Crap, the layer of blubber on that guy is thick!

Nice setup too 😉

I will say though I was worried the legends would be too hard to read based on your reasoning for going with beige (its not ivory, lets be honest) but it really is quite legible and overall a very nice package.

Oh cool! how useful are they in powerpoint? I mostly hear of people using macro pads for graphic design programs.
For me its a life saver. I have a lot of special tweaks and styles that I use and this makes it super easy to have all of my tools on a single click instead of using alt and ctrl key combos. Would guess I’m around 30 percent faster or so when I have a macropad vs without

For me its a life saver. I have a lot of special tweaks and styles that I use and this makes it super easy to have all of my tools on a single click instead of using alt and ctrl key combos. Would guess I’m around 30 percent faster or so when I have a macropad vs without
Nice! I'm curious how programmers might use macro pads, I don't think I have met any yet...

My cheap little BTC5100C just arrived from ebay. It's a really nice little keyboard, especially considering that it was $30 NOS. If topre is anything like this, I can see why people like it. The BTC dome-with-sliders are a lot quieter than the normal mechanical switches I have tried, have a much bassier and thockier key sound, and have a really nicely balanced tactile feel (not too light, not too heavy). It doesn't feel like your fingers are getting punched ever time you press a key (I'm looking at you box royals; I still love you though :love:). I would take these over MX browns any day.

TKbzR1XXf6CtIVOCK6N9OM4AIBtDr5mudgE6d0lq5Eeu5DMxJQfhO_no6aces4OULGQnCK0UKfisHz7pC0=w1059-h596-no.jpg

My cheap little BTC5100C just arrived from ebay. It's a really nice little keyboard, especially considering that it was $30 NOS. If topre is anything like this, I can see why people like it. The BTC dome-with-sliders are a lot quieter than the normal mechanical switches I have tried, have a much bassier and thockier key sound, and have a really nicely balanced tactile feel (not too light, not too heavy). It doesn't feel like your fingers are getting punched ever time you press a key (I'm looking at you box royals; I still love you though :love:). I would take these over MX browns any day.

TKbzR1XXf6CtIVOCK6N9OM4AIBtDr5mudgE6d0lq5Eeu5DMxJQfhO_no6aces4OULGQnCK0UKfisHz7pC0=w1059-h596-no.jpg
Damn, can't go wrong with $30! I've never tried BTC. Similar to 55g Topre?