Linux desktop (Ricing) thread

I have an i3 config (i3blocks, i3-gaps, i3lock-fancy, the works) sitting in my dotfiles, but despite how customizable it is, I prefer something easier to set up (KDE at the moment). With i3, everything is accomplished with separate programs, most of which are only easily installable from the AUR (so Arch-linux only, which I don't mind, but in some cases I want something more stable).

I have an i3 config (i3blocks, i3-gaps, i3lock-fancy, the works) sitting in my dotfiles, but despite how customizable it is, I prefer something easier to set up (KDE at the moment). With i3, everything is accomplished with separate programs, most of which are only easily installable from the AUR (so Arch-linux only, which I don't mind, but in some cases I want something more stable).
Having well organised dotfiles means I can get my usual i3 environment up and running on an Arch system with an hour, as I found out recently Ubuntu takes a bit longer to set up because there isn't the AUR and a lot of stuff has to be built from source. In terms of stability, I've had no issues at all except those I've caused myself by doing something stupid in the ~1 year I've been running Arch as my daily OS.