Is an FC660c meant to have this much play/wobble?

Not sure if the video fully captures it but the keycaps on this Leopold FC660c really do have a huge amount of instability, far more than any cherry style keycap and board, is this normal for Topre or is the Leopold a bit poorer quality than a Realforce?

After pulling some caps off the wobble seems to be all from the stems, which seem like 0.5-1mm narrower in diameter than they perhaps ideally should be, the join between the cap and the stem is solid. Are there varying quality grades or types of topre switch?

Now that I saw this, I went to test mine too(just the Tab and Caps key), slightly less but similar. My cherry stems one didn't have this 'issue'.

Damn now its bothering me too.

Now that I saw this, I went to test mine too(just the Tab and Caps key), slightly less but similar. My cherry stems one didn't have this 'issue'.

Damn now its bothering me too.
hahaha sorry to have made you notice it too, the actual action of the switches feels gravy and the ones with stabs are perfect but its like they need stabs on their 1.5U keys too... the tab and backslash I use a whole lot and every time I feel it wobble and mush its annoying me.

I'm really, really keen to try @TC's new Realforce carbon insert limited model now to see if its better than mine.

hahaha sorry to have made you notice it too, the actual action of the switches feels gravy and the ones with stabs are perfect but its like they need stabs on their 1.5U keys too... the tab and backslash I use a whole lot and every time I feel it wobble and mush its annoying me.

I'm really, really keen to try @TC's new Realforce carbon insert limited model now to see if its better than mine.
No issues! But hey, if it works, let me know how please!

I've recently acquired an f660c and it has this issue. If you pick it up and shake it side to side the keycaps rattle like crazy. I've made it worse by putting hipro caps on it but even stock it was quite loose

I've recently acquired an f660c and it has this issue. If you pick it up and shake it side to side the keycaps rattle like crazy. I've made it worse by putting hipro caps on it but even stock it was quite loose
Wow, that's crap. What's going on with Leopold and how is it possible that their tolerances are worse than Realforce boards?

Hmm ok well interesting to see that I'm not the only one, I was under the impression Leopold were a reasonably high end topre board maker, even more keen now to try out that Realforce limited edition to compare, might get @TC to see if he can video back to back and post it.

I swapped the barrels in my fc660c with ones from a hipro board over the weekend and the rattle has been drastically reduced. Can't comment on stock caps as I don't use them anymore but i suspect it would reduce the wobble/rattle there as well