IC Open Doppio - 80% Custom Keyboard Kit

Hi guys!
As CA66 is also having an IC, we would like to bring you our first TKL design to TKL lovers which we already held a GB in TW and CN. Doppio.:)
0702_tkl.11.jpg
Doppio
is Italian, which shares the same meaning of "Double" in English. Refers to the top dual layers visual effect we want to perform.
We tried to make Doppio simple, but look exquisite with neat lines and rounded corners. No brass weight or anything else which is luxury.

We came up with this design first on March: http://instagr.am/p/BgEFFRMBCDI/ And then our first prototype was out in a month later: https://www.flickr.com/photos/149475414@N03/albums/72157667528136238

This version with name plate was made for modding with a stock membrane wireless keyboard.
Now we give it some changes, to make it into a wire version.

Here are some renders:
0702_tkl.01(silver).png 0702_tkl.03(white).png 0702_tkl_BLUE.png 0702_tkl_green.png 0702_tkl_pink.png
0702_tkl.406.jpg 0702_tkl.407.jpg 0702_tkl.387.jpg 0702_tkl.396.jpg 0702_tkl.404.jpg
We put indicators in and made a trick of them, according to the concept "layer by layer".
And removed the name plate, engraved the Doppio name in bottom plate.

Product Contents:
  • Case
  • PCB
  • Screws, rubber feet
Case Features:
  • 6063 aluminum
  • 2 top housing versions - WK & WKL
  • Bottom firm plate - aluminum & polycarbonate (optional, 2mm thicker than alu plate, for RGB underglow diffusing)
  • Switch plate - aluminum & PVD brass (optional)
Case & Plate Colors:
  • Case colors - dark grey, white, grey blue, dark red, rose gold, army green
  • Alu switch plate colors - black, silver, red, blue, gold
PCB Features:
  • White, gold pads
  • South facing led orientation
  • USB C interface
  • QMK firmware
  • ANSI, 7u spacebar, ISO layouts supporting
  • RGB underglow
  • 3 indicators between the space of ESC and F1
Prices:
  • 245USD for all colors
  • PVD brass plate (price to be decided)
  • PC bottom plate (price to be decided)
About white color, we sent a failed CA66 case to try by using electrophoresis.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Looks glossy right now in pics. We'll send another sample to see if we can do matte finish.
If not, then white will be look like these.

Since everything of Doppio is pretty ready for GB, we already put it in our site.
Link: https://play-keyboard.store/collect...80-custom-keyboard-kit?variant=18169599787126

Don't care about the timer. We are now waiting for payment provider to approve credit cards paying (Paypal is good to go though).
You can subscribe via email to get the first news when Doppio is alive.

Cheers!

Not personally a fan of TKL layouts too much, however this is a really nice design. I'm liking the bright white finish! How is it done?

Not really feeling it. For $245 I feel like it should bring something novel to the table, not just the pretty.
Thanks for replying.:)
I am not sure what special features are you looking for. As we mentioned in design concept, it's pretty surrounded by the name "Doppio".
Surly we can put other elements in for meeting "novel", but that's not what we were aiming on. And it usually raises the cost which might make the final price over 300 to 350USD normally.
There will be new designs coming up in the future. Hope you will find them special and like them.;)

I personally love the glossy white finish! A couple of questions:
1. Can I have a closer photo of that white finish?
2. Is it possible to order the polycarbonate plate AND a normal aluminium bottom plate?
3. Is the winkeyless layout only for 7u spacebars? Or can I somehow make it work with a standard 6.25u spacebar
Thanks!

I personally love the glossy white finish! A couple of questions:
1. Can I have a closer photo of that white finish?
2. Is it possible to order the polycarbonate plate AND a normal aluminium bottom plate?
3. Is the winkeyless layout only for 7u spacebars? Or can I somehow make it work with a standard 6.25u spacebar
Thanks!
1. We'll take some photos once we get the white prototype.;)
2. Sure, some parts are available to purchase for extra.
3. The blockers are for 7u layout only. You can choose WK version for using a normal 6.25u spacebar.:)

Thanks for asking.

We are doing a small pre-sale for 20 sets of WKL(only WKL) version made in advance. If you guys are interested in getting one WKL Doppio, please send me a PM for pricing. The official GB will be hold after CA66 GB is done. 5 sets left!