Breadstick preview

Breadstick.

Breadstick DS001.jpg
Breadstick DS002.jpg Breadstick DS003.jpg 20180827_193413.jpg 20180827_193422.jpg 20180828_001841.jpg 20180828_001858.jpg 20180828_001958.jpg Breadstick Gat Reds.jpg Breadstick_Smoke_01.jpg Breadstick Rev1.1.jpg Breadstick Layout Options.png

Dis is my breadsticc. PCB designed by ai03, who has worked on boards such as Contra and the recently released Lunar.

IC coming soon.

Deets:

Fully programmable, have the numpad on either side or... have no numpad idk you can do whatever you want.

Supports 1.5u 1u 1.5u 7u layout as pictured, as well as split shift.

USB-C port located on the left.

Underglow LEDs.

Support for cone feet.

Multiple materials available for sandwich style build. Metal plates and other material options being explored.

Thanks for looking.

Oh and the build at the top is:
- 3mm radiata plywood with frosted acrylic bottom.
- SP DSA Legacy (pulse) keycaps
- Alu cone feet and 2mm silicone feet. Added a closeup below.

20180827_190553.jpg

First proto case cut out of corrugated cardboard. Held together with zip ties because hardware had not arrived.

BreadstickCardboard_01.jpg BreadstickCardboard_04.jpg

Edited:
I've been looking for a solid way to prototype my custom case without a 3D printer.... Time to raid my huge stash of cardboard boxes! I knew they'd come in handy some day!

I've been looking for a solid way to prototype my custom case without a 3D printer.... Time to raid my huge stash of cardboard boxes! I knew they'd come in handy some day!
Cardboard is great but a proper prototype should still be made to check tolerances and fitment.

The cardboard case was mostly made from swillkb. It actually makes top plates (hipro as some people call it) too small, so that keycaps hit the rim or rub against it. I don't know why. The solution is just to offset this by 1.5mm-2mm and is such a small detail that could ruin a board.

I'll take one in polished PVD brass pls.
Ok please paypal me $999 friends and family ty. Just dip into the typehype profits jar.