BOX Switch Update, New Inventory, Website will be out of commission until September

This is an issue that needs to be addressed, the BOX issue.

It's hard to say exactly when Dareu requested larger stems but this is the primary culprit for stretched and damaged stems. Lacking the ability to pinpoint when this change occurred makes it hard to say exactly which BOX switches are affected. Some people may not notice any wear and tear and this may be attributed to earlier batches of switches coming out.

Keysets that are affected are GMK and Maxkeys. These are the keysets with the most reports of problems. We can't say other keysets are exempt from these damages as this is a case by case basis.

When measured BOX stems were coming in at 1.32mm +-0.02mm. Which is quite a bit larger than previous batches - 1.3mm +-0.02mm. 1.3mm is the same size as the other Kailh switches (Pro and Speed).

Having had a chat with Kailh and Mike/Corey from NovelKeys, an update to these stems will be coming. Previously Kailh told me August, however, I'm now hearing September. These new stems will revert back to 1.3mm +-0.02mm. Once the new inventory is available I will let you know what I have ordered and when it's looking to arrive.

Switch Stem Comparison.PNG
Here is an example of other switches and their stem sizes. X axis are highlighted as that's where the damage is occuring on these keycaps.

All previous orders will be delayed until new inventory arrives. This is to ensure that the latest inventory of BOX switches will not further damage any keysets.

What does this mean for Daily Clack's inventory of 6k BOX switches?
Oh, you mean our new line of Cap Cracker BOX switches (B Stock)?

These will be available under the understanding that these may be part of the larger stem batches. They will be sold at a heavily reduced price, and will help refresh the Daily Clack BOX switch inventory.

All products on Daily Clack will only be available via PM and Invoice until the beginning of September. Prices in brackets are original price.

10 BOX switches - $2.80 ($4.00)
10 BOX Thick Clicks - $3.20 ($4.60)
10 BOX Royal - $4.70 ($6.75)

We stress that you take the utmost care when adding and removing keycaps on these switches.

By buying these switches you understand that you risk damaging your keysets. We strongly recommend avoiding the use of GMK and Maxkeys on these switches

Why would you want to buy these switches?
  • If you are currently invested in the BOX ecosystem, you won't notice any differences when using these switches. The issues of the damaged stems become apparent when switching away from BOX switches
  • You have keycaps you don't mind risking on these switches
  • It's a good way to test and try out BOX switches as operationally, they're no different
  • Great for switch testers
  • Appealing price
By buying these switches you understand that you risk damaging your keysets. We strongly recommend avoiding the use of GMK and Maxkeys on these switches

This makes all BOX switch listings on DailyClack.com preorders for the next round of inventory
Inventory Update
We have refreshed our stock of Retooled Cherry MX switches. With a new batch of Retooled MX Browns available too.

Available to purchase today are MX Black, MX Blue, MX Brown switches.
These are all sold in packs of 70 at $35.

Daily Clack website no longer selling
Perhaps even bigger news than the BOX switch inventory refresh.

For reasons I'm not ready to discuss, DailyClack.com will be out of commission for the month of August.

WE WILL BE BACK AT THE OF BEGINNING SEPTEMBER
Orders can still be made, just send me a message

Personally, I wish I didn't have to do this, however, it is a necessary step I have to take.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. I am in the same boat as you, I would prefer to have the website working as it's also more convenient for me as well.

I will leave the website up for the remainder of the day. After this period you will need to shoot me a message to arrange an invoice for your order.

Kailh Pro and Speed Switches
I will be looking into stocking these variants of switches. If you are interested please comment below with what you're after and quantity

10 Speed - $3.80
Silver
- Linear 50g
Gold - Clicky 50g
Copper - Tactile 50g
Bronze - Clicky (clickbar) 50g

10 Pro - $3.80
Light Green
- Clicky 50g
Purple - Tactile 50g
Burgundy - Linear 50g

Shipping is $8.20

Edited:
Definitely can't be fun for you as a vendor man, hopefully it gets resolved soon and good on you for stepping up and telling people the story / warning people at the expense of your own inventory.

Definitely can't be fun for you as a vendor man, hopefully it gets resolved soon and good on you for stepping up and telling people the story / warning people at the expense of your own inventory.
It's a very difficult situation. Trust me when I say it's crappy to be on this end.

However, we'll try to provide stuff for Australia. We won't let this hiccup be the end of Daily Clack!

Just spitballing, but could you use the defective switches to make keychains? I’m sure they’d sell like hot cakes at meet ups and I’d add a few to my next order from Daily Clacks

Edit: actually, seeing as you say you have 6k of the bad switches this is a pretty dumb idea of mine, plz ignore